SOLVED How to get USB audio output under Win10

Reaction score
I am able to output S/PDIF audio from my computer, but the option to output USB audio is not shown in my Windows audio window.

I think this is controlled by the display card. Mine is a GTX 1050.

I would appreciate someone explaining how to do this.

Thanks,
Mike :)

Reaction score
Video sound drivers are usually linked to HDMI or audio with video outputs.

If you have a USB device it should show up Playback dialog window and Digital audio. I normally associate S/PDIF with a port other than the analog outputs. If you have a USB device for that, what model is it?

Reaction score
Saltgrass,

Thanks for your help.

I am trying to run USB output to my Sony USB DAC Amplifier. I have little knowledge of computer audio, and, sorry, I am not familiar with the "Playback dialog window and Digital audio." How do I access this window?

I am just using the option in the lower right of my screen that shows a loudspeaker with sound waves. I see no USB option there, just S/PDIF, even though I also have a USB cable running from my computer to my DAC.

Regards,

Mike

Reaction score
You can take a picture of the window (right click speaker icon) using the snipping tool and attach here. But a S/PDIF output is a digital output. That might be your device and may show as default.

You did not give the model of the Sony Device so I cannot check it but have you install any drivers necessary?

Make sure you have the playback window able to show disabled and disconnected devices..

Reaction score
The support page shows a Hi-Res Audio Player available for download. The input for USB is PCM (pulse coded modulation) which I don't think a computer can output normally so you may need that player...

Ask a Question