Realtek & Realtek(R) Audio

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just brought Myself Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it won’t pick up the mic on my headset Razer Kraken Pro the one with 3.5 jack, in the device manager I have Realtek(R) Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio and also Nvidia Virtal Audio, for some reason when in sound manager the intergrated mic overcomes the headset mic, even if I try to set up the mic as “Headset” it’ll still be the intergrated mic, it’s really annoying.... I plug the headset into my old hp pavilion also win 10 and I get the pop up from Realtek saying it’s been dectected and the head works great... my new laptop the TUF I get nothing when plugging in the headset... I must say the hp also shows in the device manager “Realtek HD Device Manager” and the Asus shows “Realtek(R) Audio” are these the same thing or what? Rally annoying having spent £1299.00 on a laptop that can’t do what my £350 laptop can do.... please help me!!!

Reaction score
Go in to your Control Panel (type control panel inside the search box next to the start menu). Select Sound. Select the Recording tab. Right click on any of the entries and make sure to check "Show Disabled Devices". Find Nvidia Virtual Audio, right click and disable it. Now try it. You may have to disable other entries. When you find the correct device, right click and "set as default device".

Reaction score
Go in to your Control Panel (type control panel inside the search box next to the start menu). Select Sound. Select the Recording tab. Right click on any of the entries and make sure to check "Show Disabled Devices". Find Nvidia Virtual Audio, right click and disable it. Now try it. You may have to disable other entries. When you find the correct device, right click and "set as default device".

Yer I have the “show disabled devices on” but all that’s there is the Realtek(R) Audio, the Nvidia Virtual Audio is in the device manager and not the sound manager, I just don’t understand why the intergrated mic picks up over the headset mic even when trying to setup as “Headset Microphone” I go through the step by step guide and when it gets to doing the speaking bit where you read the sentence it’s coming from my intergrated mic on the laptop and not the headset mic, it’s so thrustrating :mad:

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just brought Myself Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it won’t pick up the mic on my headset Razer Kraken Pro the one with 3.5 jack, in the device manager I have Realtek(R) Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio and also Nvidia Virtal Audio, for some reason when in sound manager the intergrated mic overcomes the headset mic, even if I try to set up the mic as “Headset” it’ll still be the intergrated mic, it’s really annoying.... I plug the headset into my old hp pavilion also win 10 and I get the pop up from Realtek saying it’s been dectected and the head works great... my new laptop the TUF I get nothing when plugging in the headset... I must say the hp also shows in the device manager “Realtek HD Device Manager” and the Asus shows “Realtek(R) Audio” are these the same thing or what? Rally annoying having spent £1299.00 on a laptop that can’t do what my £350 laptop can do.... please help me!!!

Go to Control Panel>Sound>Recording, see if your 'Line' has the headset 'Razer Kraken Pro' the one with 3.5 jack listed, change it to the 'Line' as your default instead of the 'Microphone' as the default, that should change and allow your 'Razer Kraken Pro the one with 3.5 jack' to be your default recording device and change the way your default recording device mic will work. It has to have a specific setting for these headphones being a 'Four-conductor 3.5 mm headphone with microphone' on the recording settings. Also, have you checked your 'Microphone Mute Toggle' that its not 'Muted' or the 'Volume Control Wheel' is not turned fully down? See Illustrations I've provided, hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 863
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 896
Last edited:

Ask a Question