SOLVED Realtek NIC Issues after upgrade

Reaction score
My card does not appear in the Network Connections window after I upgraded to Windows 10. It does connect to the internet but it just stops working randomly. I have to pull out my cable and restart every time this happens and it still doesn't show up.

If you check the attachhed image you'll see that I am connected to the internet despite having an unplugged bluetooth modem cable and a disabled Ethernet 2 (my vpn adapter)...

I've downloaded tons of realtek drivers trying to get this thing to work and none of them do. I know the device is a realtek NIC because my mobo manufacturer says it is.

Mobo ECS P55H-A2... Yes I know it's an old mobo. If you know of any fix for this please tell me. I've been scouring the internet trying to find one and still nothing.

aaaand while writing this my card stopped functioning again. So now it's back to the old unplug restart and plug in again just to be able to post this. Hopefully you get how annoying and stupid this is.

Attachments

• Ethernet Driver Problem.png
    Ethernet Driver Problem.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,074

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Chamkey,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you right-click on Start and select Device Manager then:
  • Expand the Network Adapters
  • Right-click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and select Update driver
  • Now select Browse my computer for driver software
  • Now select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
  • Select the oldest one you have which could be 9.1.402.2015 or possibly 9.1.406.2015
See how that runs for you. If no joy then I'm using 10.16.323.2017 [23/3/2017] and that seems quite stable.

You can get that one here:

http://12244.wpc.azureedge.net/8012.../cn/nic/0016-Install_Win10_10016_04182017.zip

Note: Realtek's site uses azureedge to store their downloads, so this is not a third party per se, it is a legitimate Realtek download. After installing this some troubles I had with my own hardware miraculously resolved themselves.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I don't know how I fixed this (if it's fixed) but I got really tired and just tore apart my computer and put it back together again and suddenly it shows up...

I will keep that in mind if this problem crops up again. I've downloaded the drivers from your link. I thank you for that because I haven't got that driver. I actually tried rolling back to the 9.1.406.2015 once and got a big fat bsod for my trouble.

Thanks once again. I'm hoping that driver will help me if I experience this in the future. For now I'm just gonna mark this as solved.

Ask a Question