SOLVED Realtek LAN driver on windows 10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hope i can get some help 'cause im about to pull my hair of. Here's the thing, just upgraded my desktop to windows 10

Heres my specs
Motherboard Gigabyte P35-DS4
Realtek LAN Adaptar 8111B

And here's the problem
After i upgraded to windows 10, the adpater went AWOL. What i mean by this is simply that it is gone! I have no Network adapter in de Devices List, and everytime i try to install a driver for it it simply says at the end something about realtek controller not found deep sleep mode.

Pls help =\

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There seem to be multiple revision numbers for that particular board and it is critical that you know which one you have.
It will be printed on the board somewhere.
Once you have determined the correct Rev. # then go to the Gigabyte support website for the specific board and see if
They have a BIOS Update, Chipset update as well as any recent driver or diagnostic utility available that might help you troubleshoot the problem with that LAN driver issue.
I don't know what that "deep sleep mode" information is, but it might be a BIOS setting with respect to some C-State or Energy Saving setting.
Additionally you'll probably want to configure your Windows advance power management for high performance and turn off anything that looks like it might save you a penny in electrical costs for the time being.
Something like this
AND if you see anything regarding "Hybrid Sleep" turn that off too.

PowerPlanMax.jpg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hope i can get some help 'cause im about to pull my hair of. Here's the thing, just upgraded my desktop to windows 10

Heres my specs
Motherboard Gigabyte P35-DS4
Realtek LAN Adaptar 8111B

And here's the problem
After i upgraded to windows 10, the adpater went AWOL. What i mean by this is simply that it is gone! I have no Network adapter in de Devices List, and everytime i try to install a driver for it it simply says at the end something about realtek controller not found deep sleep mode.

Pls help =\
I had a similar problem.Go to the Realtek Website and download the latest driver.If you cannot access internet get a friend to do it and then copy across.If you update driver in Device Manager it will seek out a driver

Reaction score
Sry guys, i managed to sorted it out a few min later after i posted the thread, but as i had to go to work couldnt reply back. It was pretty easy after all. Remeber that i didnt had any network adapter shown on my devices, and i also downloaded Everest and it didndt showed there as well.

Well, for some reason, after i installed windows 10, the ethernet component was disabled in the bios. Just had to go there, activated again and it was all set to work properly again. Still, hope this thread can help someone with the same problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your solution.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question