SOLVED Updated RealTek Wireless Lan Driver

Bif

Reaction score
I checked the HP site on a wim and found that there is a "newer" driver for my RealTek wireless lan adapter..as everything is working fine as is with the laptop, should I update this driver?..or am I tempting fate as I continue to read about the issues with WiFi and Windows 10.
If I choose to, will I have the ability to roll back to the previous driver if things go sideways?
All opinions are greatly appreciated as always.

Reaction score
I'm one for not fixing things that are working, someone would have show me that this upgraded driver would actually give me something I really need other than just having the latest.

Reaction score
Hi Bif,

If you don't have issue with your WiFi, I wouldn't touch it ! :)

But if you do update your driver, you can roll back to the previous version by going through the « device manager ».

Bye ;) JAY B.

Bif

Reaction score
I'm one for not fixing things that are working, someone would have show me that this upgraded driver would actually give me something I really need other than just having the latest.
I'm of that same opinion, unfortunately HP fails to indicate the changes or improvements..sort of a crapshoot.

Bif

Reaction score
Cheers Jay for that info, eases my mind a bit at least that I can roll back.
I never like to stir the pot when all is going well..

Bif

Reaction score
Agreed Norton,
Just found a BIOS update as well... can't imagine the havoc that'd cause! :eek:
Note to self: stay away from HP site!

Reaction score
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That was and is and will be always true. I go to the HP site only as a last resort due to the fact that it is not very well maintained. I can't even get the latest drivers anymore cause they haven taken down that site Did they run out of space already :D:D??).

Ask a Question