SOLVED Updated Win10 to 1803 on my laptop, and now network doesn't see it

Reaction score
My PC Win10 Pro 1803 network communicated with my laptop - also win10 pro, but after updating the laptop to 1803, the network no longer sees the laptop. What changes must I make on the laptop to recover my connection?

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "services.msc" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When the services applet starts, scroll down to "Function Discovery Resource Publication" and "Function Discovery Provider Host", right-click them, select "Properties", set their startup type to "Automatic(Delayed start)", click "OK", then restart the laptop.

Ben

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "services.msc" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When the services applet starts, scroll down to "Function Discovery Resource Publication" and "Function Discovery Provider Host", right-click them, select "Properties", set their startup type to "Automatic(Delayed start)", click "OK", then restart the laptop.

Ben
Thank you so much! That worked, but why does MS 1803 alter these settings. Without your expert advice, how on earth is an ordinary user expected to deal with a problem like this? Thanks again

Reaction score
I'm glad it worked, but I can only guess about the reason for the change. Microsoft may be worried about getting sued by a user when their system gets corrupted or infected because their computer was left wide open to other users on the network.

Ben

Last edited:

Ask a Question