Automatic Repair Message Windows 10

Reaction score
I had previously updated my HP laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. I never had a problem because I bought another computer and did not even turned it on so I did not know there was a problem, although I noticed it to run slower. Anyways today when I decide to use it, I'm stuck on the "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" message. I have done everything I've found online and still it doesn't work. I tried loading the computer under windows 7 and it will load up until chosing a user then it takes forever and will give me a black screen that gives me a message about not having the complete windows program (something like that). I do not know how to uninstall windows 10 or do anything else if it doesn't even get me to windows at all. I have some files (videos) that I don't want to lose, otherwise I would not mind reseting the whole computer. Help?!

Reaction score
You could live boot from Ubuntu (if you have another PC to boot installation media from) and move the video files from your Windows drive to an external one, if you want to save all your files. Double-check this is possible first since I haven't used Ubuntu since August 2015.

Then, reset Windows 10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and a USB/DVD with at least 4GB of space.

Ask a Question