SOLVED Avatar not showing up anymore

Reaction score
Before I upgraded my computer to the Fall Creators update, the avatar for my Microsoft account would show up on Microsoft Edge.

Now the avatar isn’t showing up anymore due to corruption of my user profile or something wrong with the update.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? My other profiles do show the avatar.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Mikaela,

I've not come across this issue before, however something that may resolve it for you would be to:
  • Right-click on your Start icon then select the Settings option
  • Now in the Windows Settings window select Apps
  • Now in the Apps & Features window scroll down and left-click on Microsoft Edge
  • You will now see Advanced options. Click on Advanced options
  • Now click the Repair button. This will repair any issues with Edge and not affect your personal settings.
If that does not help, then repeat the steps above but instead click on the Reset button. This option though will affect personal settings, meaning once done, you will need to set things up as you like to use Edge.

Regards Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Mikaela,

I've not come across this issue before, however something that may resolve it for you would be to:
  • Right-click on your Start icon then select the Settings option
  • Now in the Windows Settings window select Apps
  • Now in the Apps & Features window scroll down and left-click on Microsoft Edge
  • You will now see Advanced options. Click on Advanced options
  • Now click the Repair button. This will repair any issues with Edge and not affect your personal settings.
If that does not help, then repeat the steps above but instead click on the Reset button. This option though will affect personal settings, meaning once done, you will need to set things up as you like to use Edge.

Regards Regedit32

Thank you.

Ask a Question