SOLVED Avatar Requirements For Forum

Reaction score
I keep getting a prompt to upload an avatar photo, so I did, but it didn't like the photo I used. What are the requirements for the avatar photo?

Reaction score
As far as I know the Avatar has to be at least 200x200px. Mine is at 244x192px at 12kb in size

Reaction score
The first one I tried was about 500x500 but it was also a tif. I tried it as a jpg and it worked but it was really cropped. So this one's just a little over 200x200 and a jpg. I guess it just needs to be jpg.
Thanks

Reaction score
I keep getting a prompt to upload an avatar photo, so I did, but it didn't like the photo I used. What are the requirements for the avatar photo?
I'm newish to the forum, and I don't actually have any avatars. Where can I get some? I've learned that Windows 10 have avatars, but I think they're for x-box players? I'm not a gamer.

Bif

Reaction score
I'm newish to the forum, and I don't actually have any avatars. Where can I get some? I've learned that Windows 10 have avatars, but I think they're for x-box players? I'm not a gamer.
You can just Google image and save any Windows 10 graphic (or anything else you desire) as a jpeg and if it's too large, simply use Paint to resize it to the required dimensions.
You can also load a gif or tif in Paint and save it as a jpeg for use as an avatar.
I hope that made sense:)

Reaction score
You can just Google image and save any Windows 10 graphic (or anything else you desire) as a jpeg and if it's too large, simply use Paint to resize it to the required dimensions.
You can also load a gif or tif in Paint and save it as a jpeg for use as an avatar.
I hope that made sense:)
As you've probably gathered by now :) I'm of an age, and have somehow stumbled along with my desktop without being adventurous and learning everything there is to learn. I've never used Paint. However, it's a challenge, and I'll be having a look. On the one hand posting questions on Windows 10 forums seems a bit of a cheek on my part as I assume you are all pretty expert, but I have to ask some of these dumb questions somewhere. I hope you'll all bear with me now and again.

Bif

Reaction score
As you've probably gathered by now :) I'm of an age, and have somehow stumbled along with my desktop without being adventurous and learning everything there is to learn. I've never used Paint. However, it's a challenge, and I'll be having a look. On the one hand posting questions on Windows 10 forums seems a bit of a cheek on my part as I assume you are all pretty expert, but I have to ask some of these dumb questions somewhere. I hope you'll all bear with me now and again.
We ALL stumble with Windows 10 on this forum tumshi and granted there are folks on here that are very well versed on the technical side of things, but by far this forum is a "community" effort to help each other out, I'm in no way an expert on this stuff but stumble through, and from to time learn something along the way lol..with the time I've been on here, I've learned so much and gained much needed confidence on tackling Windows issues. Hopefully you can benefit from this as well!.. we're all here to learn.

Ask a Question