What's your avatar?

Reaction score
This guy is one of my favorite actors.

His name is John Larroquette for those not familiar with him.

It's an old picture (from 2005), but I still like it nonetheless.

John_Larroquette.jpg

Bif

Reaction score
I'm a musician and graphic illustrator, so I tend to construct images that include figures or objects that move me.
My current avatar is representing the duet from Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing The Little Drummer Boy (Peace on earth) ..this was Bing's last television appearance before passing away later that year.
Bowie and Bing have always been huge inspiration to me, and this performance still brings a tear to my eye when I watch it.
I also have an old TV fetish!

Sorry for the novel!;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm a musician and graphic illustrator, so I tend to construct images that include figures or objects that move me.
My current avatar is representing the duet from Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing The Little Drummer Boy (Peace on earth) ..this was Bing's last television appearance before passing away later that year.
Bowie and Bing have always been huge inspiration to me, and this performance still brings a tear to my eye when I watch it.
I also have an old TV fetish!

Sorry for the novel!;)

What do you play?

Reaction score
Bif In the background image on the TV you look like a 14 year old taking the picture.
I thought you were a tad older than that now.

Bif

Reaction score
No reflection, this is a stock image of Bowie (left) and Bing.. Bowie does look young in the image though.
I joined the half century crowd this past spring..

Reaction score
Bif Wrong TV image LOL, I meant the image in the antique TV you posted.

Bif

Reaction score
Bif Wrong TV image LOL, I meant the image in the antique TV you posted.
Aw geez!.. LOL.. neither me nor Bowie! LOL!..
But still would love to own one, or an old Philco..35 years ago they were almost affordable, now since everyone is a "picker"..the asking prices are beyond reach...my reach anyways!

Reaction score
Mine is icons from three games:
  1. Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga (The first game I bought when I started gaming again after 10 years)
  2. Star Trek Online (The first MMO I ever played)
  3. Lord of the Rings Online (I think it was the MMO game I was playing at the time of making the Avatar)
The fact that I love Star Trek and Lord of the Rings also has a hand in it. Now that I'm not playing those MMOs, I still have a desire to keep the emblems in my Avatar. In a since being a unique creation of mine, it is a signature for me as well.

Reaction score
Mine is a Linux wallpaper (by Manuel Sagredo) of a single poppy which I use as my own reminder of the sacrifice of our (British & Commonwealth) armed forces (and all the other allied nations too of course!). :)

I'm also a Trekkie and LOTR fanboy too Clifford. I just watched all the latest episodes of Start Trek Discovery!. :D

And @Bif , I sing and play guitar (badly) too!. :rolleyes:

@Norton , its time you got a new TV mate LOL!. :p

Here is the pic if anyone wants it, it is open source and free to use. :)

H_by_Manuel_Sagredo.jpg

Reaction score
My Avatar is red tailed Hawk (a.k.a. Chicken hawk) that flew over my house. I was able to take a photo of it (with a long lens)

Bif

Reaction score
I was able to take a photo of it (with a long lens)
Great capture Grizzly!.. I'm always going out with the Canon and the 300mm in search of such shots.
Yesterday we had our annual visitor, a beautiful great horned owl literally 20 feet from our bedroom window..

Reaction score
Alucard, vampire weapon of the Hellsing Organization. If you see him in this form........you're pretty much toast!
(Hint: Alucard is Dracula backwards)

Yeah, I like Anime :cool:

Ask a Question