Blue screen, pc ran into a problem, google chrome not functioning - student computer

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a student who is experiencing trouble with her school-administered computer.

I was using Google Chrome today, and I received an alert from my computer telling me that an update was necessary. It had a blue screen and a :) and said “ your PC ran into an problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then will restart for you.” I restarted the computer, and was back to my desktop. i tried File Explorer, Microsoft, and sticky notes, and they worked. However, when I clicked on google chrome, it would work momentarily, then transfer to the same blue screen telling me to restart. I then restarted several times and received the same message again. I looked up solutions and found this website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...n-errors-5c62726c-6489-52da-a372-3f73142c14ad. I was able to restart and enter safe mode, but when I went in to add or remove programs-uninstall a program, it says my administrator has disabled Installed Updates.

How can I fix this problem so that I am able to use google chrome? Is there a way to do this by myself or do I need to ask someone else?

Thanks.

Laia

Ask a Question