Blue Screen when trying to print

RBC

Reaction score
Yesterday right after trying to print to my Epson RX580, the system crashed. Blue screen stopcode Registry Filter Driver Exception, what failed: mfehidk.sys which is McAfee for Enterprise Host Intrusion Detection Link Driver. After 3 cold reboots, I was able to log on to Windows. Tried printing again, same result. Three more tries and was able to log onto Windows. Called McAfee, agent guided me thru uninstall and install of McAfee LiveSafe. Today, same problem - attempting to print, same blue screen error. Able to log on to Windows after two tries. I am able to scan documents on my printer but trying to print causes crash. Checked for updated printer driver; system says I have current driver. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Uninstall McAfee and see how it is without it. TBH you don't need it, Windows Defender is plenty good enough. In my experience third party antivirus tools are often just a faster way to a BSOD.

Ask a Question