SOLVED Blue Screen of Death

Reaction score
2 months ago I upgraded my OS to Win10. Aside from a few problems it's been running great until now. My PC keeps crashing and going to this blue screen of death. Any ideas how I can fix this?
blue screen of death.jpg

Reaction score
" IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL " usually means a driver issue. Sometimes the BSoD even shows which driver is causing it.
Which Version of Windows are you running by chance??

Reaction score
It's still been shutting down. I'm guessing it's something with the monitor. Today when I turned on my PC, my monitor Display Resolution switched from 1920x1080 to 1024x768. I went to my Device Manager and made sure EVERY item on the list was updated.

I've tried re-install my ViewSonic monitor from the disc, then I called ViewSonic about the problem. They said I need to update my graphics card. I paid $10 and did that. I then called them back and they said it sounds like a Windows problem. Can anyone help me out?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We could have a look if you zip and attach the dump files.

Reaction score
Windows10 Home Full Version 64-Bit. Sorry, I'm a slight novice when it comes to computers and the jargon.

Reaction score
Windows10 Home Full Version 2004 64-Bit. Sorry, I'm a slight novice when it comes to computers and the jargon.

Reaction score
Windows10 Home Full Version 64-Bit. Sorry, I'm a slight novice when it comes to computers and the jargon.

No worries, that is why we are here... to help.
Since you said you installed Windows 10 two months ago, I think it is safe to assume you got the latest version which should be the 2004 release.
Your build should be then 19041.388. You can confirm that by typing " winver ' in the search box.
it then should look like this:

2020-07-21_213427.jpg

If that is the case, I have to mention that this build so far is everything but stable (from own experience and problems that users already have experienced). It is, in my humble opinion, still a little buggy so I would not be surprised in having problems like you have.
However, I still think, you may have a driver issue that may have not been found yet....

[edit]

thanks for the Info regarding the build. My assessment still stands though but there may be more help out there...

Reaction score
2 months ago I upgraded my OS to Win10. Aside from a few problems it's been running great until now. My PC keeps crashing and going to this blue screen of death. Any ideas how I can fix this?
View attachment 12197

It’s not your Windows 10 andor version 2004, have a look at this guide for the fixes to "IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL" here: https://appuals.com/fix-irql_not_less_or_equal-error-windows-10/ as there are a few remedies to fix this BSOD error that you have.

It’s a bit hard to give you an exact fix as it is outlined in this article. As it could be a number of things:
  • The DIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error
  • Troubleshooting DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • Update your graphics drivers
  • Update your Ethernet and Wi-Fi adapter drivers
  • Uninstall your antivirus and any malware fighter
  • Reseat your RAM
  • Provide better cooling for your PC when gaming

Reaction score
"IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL" means that it is a driver issue.
Which laptop do you use?
OR Which Desktop do you use?

Install all the drivers properly.
If you are using a single built kind of Desktop then download the

Ask a Question