Sign out/Restart/Power off background color change. Blue flash on lock-screen.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have installed a third party black theme for my system: Gray Dark by KDr3w on DeviantArt

Problem:
And everything was perfect until system update, now, each time I signing out, restarting, or powering off, background color of a window with circling dots (Singing out/Restarting/Powering off) is stuck with Blue color, while it was following 3rd party theme color before - Gray. Also each time I lock screen, there is a blue flash transition.

What I have tried:
- Revert back to original theme and unmodified dll files by uninstalling UltraUXThemePatcher.
- Tried to change accent, but the issue got even worse: Red-Blue flash transition on lock-screen + Singing out/Restarting/Powering off screen's background color is still blue.

Could anyone point me in right direction what should I change in order to make that window background color to follow 3rd party theme again?

Examples:
photo_2020-08-31_19-00-19.jpg

Red-Blue Flash on lock-screen

Blue Flash on lock-screen

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
The only thought that I have right now is that there was some kind of glitch in Registry after update, but I do not know where to search for that entry in Registry that is responsible for the background color of the Restart/Power-off screen, does anyone knows?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling said theme and rebooting and re downloading said theme and installing again? Sometimes it's necessary to do so.

Reaction score
Have you tried uninstalling said theme and rebooting and re downloading said theme and installing again? Sometimes it's necessary to do so.
Like I have said in the original post I have tried to revert back by uninstalling 3rd theme support, rebooting, and installing everything back to no avail.

Reaction score
It may also be related to your graphics card drivers, try looking for newer drivers and update them!. ;)

Reaction score
It may also be related to your graphics card drivers, try looking for newer drivers and update them!. ;)
I am using Lenovo X220, it is a laptop, quite old one, so the drivers I use is as new as they can get. Moreover, I am not sure, how videocard drivers can affect background color on Restart/Poweroff screen? Looks more like a system issue, than drivers or hardware to me.

Reaction score
I am using Lenovo X220, it is a laptop
Hi,

take a look in BIOS and see if it has an onboard graphics card as well as a dedicated one, it you have both, disable the dedicated GPU and only use the onboard one!. I did this on my laptop as it was running very hot, not the same problem as yours but might help?. ;)

Reaction score
Hi,

take a look in BIOS and see if it has an onboard graphics card as well as a dedicated one, it you have both, disable the dedicated GPU and only use the onboard one!. I did this on my laptop as it was running very hot, not the same problem as yours but might help?. ;)
It has only non-dedicated videocard.

Reaction score
So I am really at my wit's end. Have tried everything, asked everywhere, nothing helped.

APT.png
DWM.png
Explorer Accent.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It may be the dark theme itself....some code corruption that's not playing nice with windows. Have you contacted the developer of the theme?

Reaction score
It may be the dark theme itself....some code corruption that's not playing nice with windows. Have you contacted the developer of the theme?
No it has nothing with the theme, I am sure of it, cause I have uninstalled it, as well as 3rd party theme support, run SFC. Also I have checked on my work PC and change of Accent color changes Restart/Power off/Singing out screens, as well as flash color.

Reaction score
Alright, I found out the reason.

When I was installing 3rd party theme, there was an instruction in README file:

For dark themes Windows 10 loads defaults from
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors]
after every lock/sleep/hibernate/crash.
Make a backup of that key, take ownership
(https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.210)
of it, and then delete that whole key (defaultcolors)

So in order to not have these flashes and stuck blue accent + chosen accent color issue you should NOT delete the whole key "DefaultColors", but instead:

1. Delete every value except "Default" in "HighContrast"
2. Delete every value except "Default" in "Standard"

In the end it should look like this:

Attachments

• HUo9o8qF14.png
    HUo9o8qF14.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 239

Ask a Question