Random BSOD Blue Screen with Google Meet Netwtw04

Reaction score
Random BSOD Blue Screen Google Meet Netwtw04
Model: HP Elite x2 1011 G1 Tablet

Blue Screen Error Message regards Netwtw04.

What occurs: Randomly, the OS will crash while using Google Meet (Google Chrome browser). This occurs haphazardly with no apparent pattern. Sometimes Google Meet works the entire day with no problem. Other times using Google Meet will crash the OS once or twice a day. It never happens immediately when starting the video conference. It does not seem to occur outside using Google Meet.

Troubleshooting that I have already tried: I have tried to roll back the network driver (Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 7265 status is "working properly"), but this button is greyed out in Device Manager. I have also tried installing the ethernet driver from HP's site (SMSC 9500A USB Ethernet Driversystem software Manager Icon, 2.7.1.0 Rev.B, Sep 18, 2016). All Windows Updates are up to date have been successfully installed with no errors in the installation history. Troubleshooter for the Network Adapter (WIFI) could not identify a problem.

Note: Using a different video conferencing platform cannot be a solution, i.e. Google Meet MUST be used since this is the choice of video conferencing by the school and the school will not consider using another platform.

Netwtw04

Reaction score
Hi,

you said Windows is up-to-date but are you running the latest version?. ;)

Reaction score
Hi,

you said Windows is up-to-date but are you running the latest version?. ;)

Yes, I am running the latest version. Thank you for checking. In fact, I decided to use the laptop yesterday and noticed that I got a BSOD without using Google Meet. I noticed the BSOD occured at the same time that other devices lost the Wi-Fi connection. Therefore, Google Meet is not the culprit as indicated in the initial post, so I will have to figure out how to edit post (perhaps create a new post?). I wonder why the connection dropping is causing a problem.

Reaction score
What GPU do you have?, if you have a dedicated GPU and an integrated one, try disabling the dedicated GPU in BIOS and see if that helps!. :)

Ask a Question