Blurry Text (Some Applications)

Reaction score
Hey,
Had this laptop for a while now and for some reason (I don't know how) the text on some applications have become blurry. Within the preexisting Windows 10 applications (e.g. file explorer), the text is sharp and not blurry. However, in some personally installed application the text become blurred for some reason. Not only that, but after hovering over the blurred text, the text becomes sharp again, however, some other text on the application then becomes blurry. Here is an example of the issue within Skype for Business:

I blurred out the names for confidentiality

As you can see in the above image, some of the text is blurry (this can be seen next to the first contact within the favorites tab). This issue is really frustrating and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it.

Note: This doesn't just happen in Skype

Reaction score
Hey,
Had this laptop for a while now and for some reason (I don't know how) the text on some applications have become blurry. Within the preexisting Windows 10 applications (e.g. file explorer), the text is sharp and not blurry. However, in some personally installed application the text become blurred for some reason. Not only that, but after hovering over the blurred text, the text becomes sharp again, however, some other text on the application then becomes blurry. Here is an example of the issue within Skype for Business:

View attachment 10145

As you can see in the above image, some of the text is blurry (this can be seen next to the first contact within the favorites tab). This issue is really frustrating and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it.

I have the same or similar problem with Quicken. Mostly I've used Edge for a browser but now am using the new Chrome-Edge browser for some things. I've been meaning to tell Quicken about the problem but haven't done so yet. I also wondered if my HP S2031monitor could be part of the problem. Quicken display seem to be getting worse very, very slowly.

Reaction score
Hey,

View attachment 10145

This idea is a total shot in the dark... but it will take you only a few seconds to give it a try. Win 10 has a system setting called, "Fix apps that are blurry". Personally, I've never seen any difference when I run it, but I'm assuming it is there for a reason and (just) might work in some circumstances.

To find this:
1. Right-click the Windows icon and select "Search" from the list.
2. Enter (without quotes, of course) "Blurry"
3. Click the "Fix apps that are blurry" link that will show up.

Let us know if this works, please. I'm curious about it myself.

Ask a Question