SOLVED Windows 10 1903 is now officially released

Reaction score
I deferred my main machine 30 days. I'll be curious to see how many have issues with the upgrade process. May do my backup PC this weekend though. I have been running it no issues on my old gaming PC on the slow ring.

Reaction score
I have made a clean install from a USB Flash drive and it ran through without any problems. After installation it started out as build 18362.30 but Windows update brought it right away to build 18362.116 in addition to the flash player update and of course the Windows defender files. So far no problems. Dunno about the upgrade function yet. Only my little Toshiba Laptop is able to receive further upgrades, my HP laptop is gonna be stuck on 1803 (Video problems with higher versions due to unsupported hardware)...

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed from

I did have to do three updates first including an update to Net framework, cumulative from Friday and a defender update.
Took 90 minutes and after the install I did a extra reboot, just because, and then when back to Windows update which downloaded two more updates.

It all works fine. Nothing I use seems any different.

I did do a full Macrium update before the install and another one afterwards...just because.

Reaction score
The Media Creation Tool failed so I downloaded the ISO and used Rufus to create a bootable USB stick. Then I used The Update Assistant which worked fine, one of my friends reported it took him over 4 hours on a laptop with an i7 and 16GB RAM!. :eek:

Reaction score
MCT worked fine for me the first time. Even the upgrade from my USB-flash drive started perfectly.
On my work computer though I have used the Windows upgrade.exe to get the latest version. Worked like a charm and no loss of data.

Reaction score
Upgraded three desk tops and a laptop this afternoon with W 10 update assistant no problems.

Reaction score
New CU, KB4497935 is now in the Public domain. Bumps it to 18362.145

The quote is from one of the fixes addressed. The same thing that happened to 5 out 6 of my systems with the 1903 upgrade..

Addresses an issue that may cause an external USB device or SD memory card to be reassigned to an incorrect drive during installation. For more information, see "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As with a previous CU, for me, it installed, and only recorded in the security section (programs and features) After the requested reboot, it installed it again and this time recorded it in the History.

Reaction score
This was the first update I saw the notice there was an update waiting and did I want to download and install, as was we were told would start showing up. The update, after the restart, again it asked to be installed but I just checked for updates again and the message went away.

Reaction score
Same here, I tried to install it again but it wouldn't and after another restart, the message was gone!. :)

Reaction score
While we all toil away chasing the latest update(s), I thought this was interesting.

SOURCE: https://betanews.com/2019/05/29/windows-10-users-still-on-april-2018-update/

Well, I am one of those guys as well, at least on one of my machines (my main PC). It is running stable without issues and you know the saying : Never change a running system.

I just updated to 1903 on my test system and update brings it only to 18362.113 not any further to 18362.145 . I think I will revert that back to 1809 again and wait until its offered through WU if ever....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've got a Windows 10 laptop and my wife's desktop.
Both, I'm gonna wait and see when and if it ever is made available through Windows Update automatically, I'm not gonna chase it and seek it out just gonna bide my time .

The point that I took away from the article was that Windows 10 was suppose to be the OS that was always the latest and greatest and updates / upgrades would see to that.

Reaction score
So Happy to see I am not alone!
A couple of objections, but I went for the option for a fresh install, which worked every time. A little extra work installing previous software.
But, one exception. I am waiting , on my wife's machine, for the official update. - I have no intention of spoiling the domestic bliss when I can blame someone else.
Reference a couple of the above posts, have you had a quicky into the update history? It (imo) should show that the update was installed twice. I think this was intended. Only my opinion, but, studying the last few updates, it look like, on occasions, the CU is split. Once for the security side and , immediately, another download for the standard CU.

Reaction score
The 18362.113 CU actually installed twice although I have not seen it in the CP under "Programs and features".

Reaction score
Must confess I am getting lost with a mixture of thread in the forum. I think I am up to date, no hacks, just following the trend. I am now on

Ask a Question