Windows 10 eShell.exe blank screen opens desktop after you type in explorer.exe in task manager

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a solution how to have always have a blank screen on Windows 10. The the user is logging on and i have a eShell.exe at the start and .bat file to start my program. But then i need to access some of my files i am opening a new task and then type in (explorer). At windows 7 it was opening just a file explorer, but at windows 10 it opens up whole desktop. I have also tried to type in a new task(explorer shell) and it works, but this is not the solution i am looking for. I need to type in (explorer), but instead of opening the desktop i need it to open file explorer like (explorer shell).

If you need more explanation just let me know.

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
I have my Win10 File Explorer [renamed from Windows Explorer of Win7 and earlier] set to use the Windows key + the E key and it opens at This PC. I can use the Windows key + D to open the Desktop or set the choice in Taskbar Settings to show the Desktop Toolbar [right-click of the Taskbar] which gives access to all the shortcuts/files on the Desktop. One can create new Toolbars at the same place. I do have to be careful of some things I do since File Explorer [and the earlier Windows Explorer] is pretty much the core of Windows, if it doesn't work properly neither will Windows. Having a completely blank Desktop is difficult, a clean install has the Recycle Bin on it by default and the log-in screen should have the names of Users allowed to be chosen.

Reaction score
I have my Win10 File Explorer [renamed from Windows Explorer of Win7 and earlier] set to use the Windows key + the E key and it opens at This PC. I can use the Windows key + D to open the Desktop or set the choice in Taskbar Settings to show the Desktop Toolbar [right-click of the Taskbar] which gives access to all the shortcuts/files on the Desktop. One can create new Toolbars at the same place. I do have to be careful of some things I do since File Explorer [and the earlier Windows Explorer] is pretty much the core of Windows, if it doesn't work properly neither will Windows. Having a completely blank Desktop is difficult, a clean install has the Recycle Bin on it by default and the log-in screen should have the names of Users allowed to be chosen.

I do not understand what you mean exactly, but i am quite sure you do not understand what i need.
I will try to explain in another way:
After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files, so he opens the task manager with keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift +e and goes to new task. In the pop up window he needs to input explorer so he could open the file manager(win10-2.png), but instead he gets (win10-3.png).
I need to get the result from (win10-2.png) when i type explorer in the tak manager's new task.
Is that clearer now ?

Attachments

• win10-1.PNG
    win10-1.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 350
  • win10-2.PNG
    win10-2.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 370
  • win10-3.PNG
    win10-3.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 396
Reaction score
Hello everyone i have a problem.
After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files, so he opens the task manager with keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift +e and goes to new task. In the pop up window he needs to input explorer so he could open the file manager(win10-2.png), but instead he gets (win10-3.png).
I need to get the result from (win10-2.png) when i type explorer in the tak manager's new task.
Best regards,
Dainius

Attachments

• win10-1.PNG
    win10-1.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 306
  • win10-2.PNG
    win10-2.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 325
  • win10-3.PNG
    win10-3.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 312
Reaction score
I see what you desire but think rather than using the Command Prompt [cmd.exe] I'd wonder if the more-powerful PowerShell would be better. I'm not yet conversant with PowerShell [studying on it when time allows] but there are some folks that may have better ideas. And some things in Windows just don't work properly until Windows has gotten fully loaded which may be getting in the way of the desired functions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF all you are looking to do is open the File Explorer from task manager, simply type
C:\
Into the run new task text box.

Reaction score
Well you see in Windows 7 embedded it is opening file manager and you don't need any additional suffixes like explorer shell etc
or typing the drive patch like C:\. So i am looking for a solution how can i type in explorer.exe or just explorer and it will open up for me explorer shell or This pc.

Ask a Question