neuen Laptop gekauft: Windows 10 1903 jetzt installieren oder bis Ende Mai warten?

Reaction score
Ich habe einen neuen Laptop free Dos gekauft und möchte die neue Version 1903 vom Anfang installieren und mir das Mai-Update sparen. Ich mache mir aber Gedanken, kann ich problemlos es installieren oder lieber bis Ende May abwarten? Wird Microsoft dieses Update noch verbessern oder es geht echt um die finale Version 1903?
die zweite Frage: falls ich dieses Update als clean Install installieren würde und später Microsoft es ändert, was passiert mit meinem Windows, wird mein Laptop immer noch die passenden Updates später kriegen?
ich bin echt ratlos, bitte feedback geben! ich habe nur Office und ein paar kleine Programms. ich installiere sowieso kein Anti-Virus Softwares. Danke Semon

Reaction score
Just for fun I did an online translate [I'm of German descent since 1848 but can't use it]:

"I have bought a new laptop free Dos and would like to install the new version 1903 from the beginning and save myself the May update. But I'm worried, can I easily install it or wait until the end of May? Will Microsoft improve this update or is it really about the final version 1903?
the second question: if I would install this update as a clean install and later on Microsoft changes it, what happens to my windows, will my laptop still get the appropriate updates later?
I am really at a loss, please give feedback! I only have Office and a few small programs. I do not install anti-virus software anyway. Thanks Semon"

In my situation I'm just going to wait. I have 2 computers running the IP/Insider Preview but haven't gotten the RTM/Released Version 1903 Upgrade yet. They are not production machines [as warned against when I first joined the IP Fast Ring a few years ago] so I am not in a hurry [yet].

Once Windows 10 is installed and activated it will have a Digital License, reinstalling later should pick that up from Microsoft's servers and not be a problem, at least I've not had the problem in over 4 years. Only caveat I have is to use any provided software to save a copy of the originally installed OS/Operating System against the time of a complete failure of the drive or a bad crash of the OS, put the computer back to its as-shipped condition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just for fun I did an online translate [I'm of German descent since 1848 but can't use it]:

"I have bought a new laptop free Dos and would like to install the new version 1903 from the beginning and save myself the May update. But I'm worried, can I easily install it or wait until the end of May? Will Microsoft improve this update or is it really about the final version 1903?
the second question: if I would install this update as a clean install and later on Microsoft changes it, what happens to my windows, will my laptop still get the appropriate updates later?
I am really at a loss, please give feedback! I only have Office and a few small programs. I do not install anti-virus software anyway. Thanks Semon"

In my situation I'm just going to wait. I have 2 computers running the IP/Insider Preview but haven't gotten the RTM/Released Version 1903 Upgrade yet. They are not production machines [as warned against when I first joined the IP Fast Ring a few years ago] so I am not in a hurry [yet].

Once Windows 10 is installed and activated it will have a Digital License, reinstalling later should pick that up from Microsoft's servers and not be a problem, at least I've not had the problem in over 4 years. Only caveat I have is to use any provided software to save a copy of the originally installed OS/Operating System against the time of a complete failure of the drive or a bad crash of the OS, put the computer back to its as-shipped condition.
Thx a lot

Reaction score
Although you can install the new version when it comes out, however you need to have a license to do so. Free DOS does not qualify as upgradable system for Windows 10. This just FYI.

Here in German language (I try):
Auch wenn du die neue Version installieren kannst, wenn sie dann endlich released wird, brauchst du trotzdem eine Lizenz. Free DOS ist nicht fuer ein kostenloses Upgrade qualifiziert. Dies nur zu deiner Information.

Ask a Question