A question about New Laptop wifi ac and Wifi N router and speed

Reaction score
I posted before about this and was told I'd need to get a new router to max out my wifi speed. I have Verizons 100/100 MPs. I know I'm not going to get that max on wifi, but I thought I should do better than 20 mps. On ethernet I'm getting 100 mps, On Wi-Fi I'm only getting about 20 MPs compared to 40 on my other laptop I believe was N. My router is only about 7 feet away from my laptop. At first I was only getting .5MPS and called Verizon who didn't know what to do so they called Actiontec who advised me to go into my router settings and uncheck WMM. After doing this my speed increased to about 20mps a lot better than .5.

I have Verizon Fios, TV, phone and internet with an Actiontec M1424WR Rev 1 The New laptop is an Lenovo Ideapad with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 wifi AC card. I went into the network sharing setting in the control panel and under networking it has connect using and it lists my wifi card, Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter. Under that it has configure and lists all connections the following items use. My question is, is it already configured or do I need to hit configure? Under that at the bottom it has install. Do I have to do any of these or is it all ready automatically set up?

Ask a Question