Cohabitation of Android with Windows 10 Pro

Reaction score
When I share drives/folders between computers everything is fine, but mapping to Android Tablets they stay connected one minute, then lose it the next. Windows 7 never had that problem. Is this normal when using Windows 10?

Reaction score
Hi Stacman,

it might help if you tell everyone how you are connecting, via Bluetooth or direct cable connection for example?. :)

Reaction score
I am a relatively newbie with using Androids, but, on advice, I installed es explorer on my Tablet and have so far managed a few shares I have tried.

Reaction score
Thanks! I use ES File Explorer Pro regularly and with Windows 7 works flawlessly but with Windows 10 there are all kinds of headaches. Either I have to edit the share and even if I do any copy or file movement fails...

Reaction score
Fair comment. As said, my experience is limited, with regard to sharing over these devices. For me, it does what is required.

Reaction score
Hi Stacman,

it might help if you tell everyone how you are connecting, via Bluetooth or direct cable connection for example?. :)

Sorry Wolfie, I didn't see your comment right away. Direct GB connection (only use WiFi for the tablets)...

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies in advance if this problem has been addressed elsewhere, but I cannot find a solution.

I bought an android tablet. Lenovo P10, with docking/speaker and 'Alexa'.
So far that was an expensive mistake. I simply want to load my music files from my pc, to play them for our trio when we perform. It would be nice to say 'Alexa, play Stranger on the Shore', and get on with the performance. But I'll settle for finding my files, and tapping the screen.

The Lenovo is incomprehensible. Oh, for W10 file explorer!! I have to log in with Google and Amazon, and it simply wants to sell me stuff. Any reference to 'music' simply wants to show iTunes stuff to buy. I emailed one of my MP3 files. 'Cannot play this file' came the answer. the 'menus' are useless to me. Alexa is like talking to a brainless person, whose only purpose in life is to direct me to advertising.

If anyone can save my ignorance and tell me how to load my own music, play it - perhaps even through the docking base, with Alexa - I would be eternally grateful. To place W10 file explorer on this tablet would be wonderful. Can I do that, perhaps by downloading an app?

I feel that the plethora of possibilities in these modern tablets overrides the simple needs of the relatively ignorant, non- expert computer operator. Like me.

Thanks, Clive.

Ask a Question