Android emulators under Windows 10 Professional

Reaction score
I cannot get any of the Android emulators (ex: BlueStacks, Andy, etc.) to run on my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Professional. They all run with no problem on my desktop that runs Windows 10 Home. I had a Surface Pro 3 that ran Home and the emulators ran on that but I recently upgraded to a Pro 4 with Professional on it and no matter which emulator I install they all error out. I believe it is because of how Professional handles Virtual Machines but I don't know how to solve the problem.

Reaction score
Make sure that everything to do with Hyper-V is turned off in control panel > Uninstall or change a program > Turn Windows features on or off. AFIK, other types of virtual systems are not able to run if some features of Hyper-V are turned on.

Reaction score
Tried that and it still didn't work. With Hyper-V turned on Andy installs but dies with an error (something like process cancelled 10) when trying to start Andy. With Hyper-V on the app doesn't even install properly.

Ask a Question