Boot menu keeps appearing mid-use

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Lenovo idea pad and I upgraded to windows 10 about four months ago. Since then, I keep getting the screen pictured appear on my computer when I'm using it. It does not appear on start up or shut down. When I restart the computer, it seems to go away for a while. Can someone tell me what this is and how to get my computer to stop bringing up the Boot menu on its own? Or is this a sign my computer is dying?

Sorry, I am computer illiterate but I'm also in school during exam time and this is getting frustrating. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,173
Reaction score
I would have to guess your normal boot device is not being recognized and you are being given alternate devices. It does appear to be a boot device menu which you should be able to bring up during boot by using some special F key combination...

I have never seen a Boot Device menu showing up while the OS was running. But I do see the reference to "App Menu" which would not be part of a Boot Device Menu. Have you tried selecting that tab? Are you running any special software or utilities such as a Virtual install or something which alters the normal Win 10 operations?

Could the external HDD be involved or some software used with it?

Reaction score
Looks as if the boot drive is not recognized as you say, I have never seen that before either. But on machines where the boot drive has suddenly gone away I would not expect to see that....well maybe on return from sleep or hibernate perhaps.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad (U310 Touch running W10 Insider) mine does not have a CD/DVD nor do I have any USB devices plugged in. Can you remove those and still do your work?

Definitely remove the Realtek card from the list of boot devices unless you are in an environment that absolutely requires it.

Ask a Question