SOLVED Boot sound got the boot

Bif

Reaction score
Issue number 2 noticed after latest upgrade, my boot sounds and shut-down sounds aren't working although they are set and checked to work.
Not that I really miss the sounds but something is awry with the settings as although it's checked and SHOULD work, the "Test" button is greyed out and doesn't give me the option to listen to the default sound theme.
The plot thickens...
here's a screen shot of my sound options..

Capture.JPG

Regedit32

Reaction score
You'd need to select one of the listed sounds for the test button not to be greyed out.

Bif

Reaction score
You'd need to select one of the listed sounds for the test button not to be greyed out.
Oh OK, now I feel a little stupid ..but what would cause the no sound at start up and shut down?..as it's configured should they not sound?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yes they ought to be audible. Is it possible your speakers / headset is not loading its drivers before these sounds form Windows play?

Bif

Reaction score
Well with continued messing around I figured out that if you have fast boot enabled that equals no sound, disable it and the sounds are back at boot and shut down...yet another obscurity in the Windows world!..
I'll mark this as solved...for now.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I know the feeling lol. My computer boots faster than my router and 9/10 I forget and sit there grrring at browser not opening LoL

Ask a Question