Brightness Bar Won't Disappear

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8 I have had a 2-inch brightness slide indicator bar laying over all apps I open. The bar is located in the upper left corner of the screen approximately 1 inch from left and 1 inch down from the top.Sporadically it will disappear but then comes right back. I want to eliminate this as it gets in the way of my drop down menus. My computer is a Lenovo all in one desktop.

Thanks for any advice.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi,

I assume this brightness bar is part of the Lenovo Display Adapter drivers package.

If you click Start > All apps > is Lenovo listed under the L section? Perhaps a Display management application is there?

Alternatively, if you right click Desktop > select Display settings > click Advanced display settings you may find options there to turn it on or off, or possibly modify its settings in some way.

You could try turning off your monitor too, leave it off for 30 - 60 seconds then turn it back on.

Other than that all I can think of is to go to Lenovo Support site (http://support.lenovo.com/) and check under your particular computer for manual and updated drivers that may resolve this for you.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question