SOLVED Browser's with more privacy and security?.

Reaction score
So in anyone's opinion, which is the best most secure browser that offers security and privacy?.

Reaction score
I don't know. BUT I might guess that the combination of this months Windows 10 (20H2) , running Defender and combined with the latest EDGE might be as the whole system would be integrated.
If your ISP offers IPV6 then use that to all the sites that support it

Or, if you are going to use the Dark Web then Tor of course.

Unobvious passwords/passphrases.

To be properly secure you need a proper firewall. PFSense maybe. Don't use WiFi where you can avoid it and if you have to, use 802.11Ac on the 5Ghz band. Don't broadcast your SSID use a long passphrase and change the damn routers admin password!
Security is not just one thing but a whole spectrum.

Of course I only use Chrome, straight out of the box, a small family of similar passwords
and just the firewall in the router. I know my neighbours can see my SSID ( on 2.4 Ghz anyway) .

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been using Opera in private mode, but just lately when I'm shopping online, the images are missing..Isn't Chrome controlled by google though..maybe the the most un-private company?.

Reaction score
Tor (built off Firefox ESR) for both privacy and security. Firefox has decent privacy also. Chrome is run by google and built off the Chromium project, as most other browsers are. Opera (also built off Chromium) is owned by some very questionable companies.

Reaction score
Who runs Opera then, is it not safe to use?..
Opera was created by a couple guys in Norway. It was sold to a Chinese investment group called Golden Brick Capital Private Equity Fund in 2016. There was a lot of controversy about the sale. Is it safe to use? I don't know. I used it up until 2 years ago, but I've since gone back to Chrome. I use Android and other Google products, so they already collect my data. Personally I was uncomfortable giving my data to a bunch of companies I know nothing about. That's just my personal feeling.

Reaction score
Well that's opened my eyes about Opera and made me more aware, I've started using using FireFox again, but why do they dump Google and facebook tracking folders and icons in AppData?.

Reaction score
Well that's opened my eyes about Opera and made me more aware, I've started using using FireFox again, but why do they dump Google and facebook tracking folders and icons in AppData?.
There are plugins to block tracking cookies. All browsers store them. Tor comes with those plugins pre installed. Honestly, if you are really concerned about privacy, you need to get away from Windows. Microsoft uploads more of your data than all the browsers combined.

Reaction score
well I've got use some sort of operating system and either one is a risk that I know of..but it doesn't mean I have be willy nilly with my data, all I'm asking is which is the best browser that will allow you to shop in peace without being followed all the way to my door..has for cookies, if you try and block to many then it breaks and won't let you shop. So I'm trying for an happy medium, but since I was using Opera which I assumed was safe, but on reflection it doesn't seem so..Have we always used all these bloody trackers for the internet?.

Reaction score
Then I'd just go with firefox. Cookies are just something we all have to deal with. One thing you can do is set firefox to delete cookies when you close the browser. Opera may be safe. I just became suspicious when an overseas bank bought it. Many others have voiced concern. It was my favorite browser and I had used it for years.

Reaction score
Moved to Firefox..hidden suspicions in Opera if it's true is no good to me..I like to be safe online and to be honest..everything works in private mode.

Ask a Question