SOLVED Since about a month I can't play my favourite Live Stream of "bvn.tv" (Dutch) anymore with Microsoft Edge.

Reaction score
Hi, being Dutch I like to kept up with programs in the Netherlands. >https://www.bvn.tv<
For many months I have been able to do this without any problems.
I have tried to change the Settings in Microsoft Edge and intermittently it works just once
until I reload Edge and than it still doesn't work. With Mozilla Firefox there are no problems.
Does anyone else have this problem ?
Cheers from Wilbert

Regedit32

Reaction score
I opened the site in Edge and was able to play a video along with its ads.

I cannot read the language on the site, but have you at some point created an account, that you sign-in to on this Site?

If you have, then perhaps the credentials are out of date? You can check by typing credential manager into the Cortana search field and hitting Enter, then check Web Credentials. If the site is listed, delete it then return to site, and start new per se.

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32 and thanks for your reply.
The situation is still the same for me and no, I don't sign in for this site.

I created a new Favourite/Bookmark, clicked on Live and got in ? ?
Saved the Bookmark, turned Edge off and on again, clicked on the Bookmark and the Live button
and didn't get in. Sometimes the Player is black and a little orange part of a circle keeps going
round and round, but nothing happens. At other times a frozen picture appeared with the orange
thing going round and round but nothing happens.

I have a HP Desktop and a Lenovo Laptop and it is the same problem on both.
Both are installed with Windows 10 Home Version 1909.
With Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome the site working okay.
If anybody has the same type of problem I like to hear about it.
Cheers from Wilbert

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm wondering whether some setting has changed in your Edge browser then in regards to Adobe Flash Player.
  • With Edge browser open, click the More icon ( . . . ) on top right corner, then select Settings
  • Now on left pane click Advanced
  • Now on right pane check that the Use Adobe Flash Player button is toggled on

Note:
    If it is already toggled on, then toggle off then toggle on

• Now, on left pane click Privacy & Security
  • Now on right pane click Choose what to clear
  • Check the third option; Cached data and files, then click the Clear button
  • Now close the Edge browser, then open the Edge browser to allow you settings / changes to take affect.

With a new instance of Edge browser opened after doing the above steps, do the following:

• In the Address bar of Edge, replace the Http address you currently see there, with about:flags then press Enter key
  • Click the Reset all flags to default button
  • Close Edge, then open Edge again for changes to take full affect.

Sample image of about:flags in Edge

sample.png
Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi, being Dutch I like to kept up with programs in the Netherlands. >https://www.bvn.tv<
For many months I have been able to do this without any problems.
I have tried to change the Settings in Microsoft Edge and intermittently it works just once
until I reload Edge and than it still doesn't work. With Mozilla Firefox there are no problems.
Does anyone else have this problem ?
Cheers from Wilbert

Reaction score
Thanks Regedit32 for your advice.
I have followed it to the letter and the result was negative.
I then did a Restart and the first time it worked but not after that.

While following your advice, I noticed while "clearing the browsing data"
that there was a setting "Always Clear" which was "off". I switched it to "on"
and bingo.... the BVN site came in. I tried it a few times and noticed
that sometimes I have to press the Live button more than once.

Now I wonder is this a shortcut and not a proper solution,
so should I treat this problem as "resolved". Can you advice me on that please.
Do you think that it is not going to be any better than this ?
If your answer is no, I'll treat this as being resolved.
Cheers from Wilbert

Regedit32

Reaction score
While following your advice, I noticed while "clearing the browsing data"
that there was a setting "Always Clear" which was "off". I switched it to "on"
and bingo.

That is fine to do this if you prefer that data cache to be cleared when closing Edge.

I can't think of anything else you could do, to further improve things with that particular website, when using Edge.

Something that might greatly improve things for you though, is that Microsoft will be releasing a Chromium based version of Edge on the 15th January 2020. The final Beta version is currently being tested by those who chose to enter the Beta program. This will be delivered the usual way through the Windows Update Service, but may also appear in Microsoft Store too.

You had mentioned the site worked well in Google Chrome, so with Microsoft Edge about to join the Chromium family of browsers, you may see an instant improvement in January.

Reaction score
Thanks Regedit32 for your information.
After I got my Desktop working, I had a go with my Laptop and changed the setting of "Always Clear".
This didn't work, so I also did the change of settings that you had advised and it worked after that.
So thanks for your help.
Cheers from Wilbert

Regedit32

Reaction score
You're welcome Wilbert.

It'll be interesting to see whether the Chromium version of Edge being released on 15th January, 2020 makes life simpler.

Personally, I'm happy with Edge as it is now, but Microsoft are not — hence the pending change.

Ask a Question