Win 10 does not recognize my camera anymore?

Reaction score
I have a Canon Powershot camera that works fine, Win 10 just won't recognize it when I try to download photos to my HP P-6 2203a computer? I've tried taking the memory, SD card out and trying it in the computers card reader but that won't work either although the SD card works fine in the camera. About the time that this problem started I bought an Android phone Nokia 3 that has Win 10 type of software, could this be the culprit? Or could it have been a Microsoft update around that time? I have updated all the USB drivers and ran sfc/scannow to no avail. This is a real nuisance, any ideas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi redrooster,

try Devices and Printers in Control Panel and "Add a device"!.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I'm sorry for replying late but I didn't get an email alert? I tried this but it didn't work for some reason?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I've contacted Canon technical staff twice about this but all they could do was give me a link to the latest Canon software for my camera which I installed but it didn't fix the problem? The problem is that Win 10 won't recognize the camera anymore? The camera is supposed to be detected as a media device by Win 10 automatically via USB ports, I tried to find a driver but Canons site doesn't have any for this model because it's supposed to be detected by Win 10?

Last edited:

Ask a Question