Win 10 does not recognize my camera anymore?

Reaction score
I've tried different and brand new cables on different USB ports for the camera, they all work perfectly on everything else but my camera?
With everything else having been eliminated the resultant presumption would be the camera is bad or the port on it for the cable is bad.

Are you able to capture images on the memory card in the camera and transfer them by plugging the card into the computer? Check the card in the computer first but DON'T format the card in the computer, only in the camera if necessary otherwise it won't work.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
The card works in the camera but my card reader in the computer doesn't work, I had never used it before and when I did, nothing! I've ordered a card reader because I don't think there is much chance of fixing this, I've tried everything I think. Can I run Linux Mint from a data stick or thumb drive or whatever they are called?

Reaction score
Can I run Linux Mint from a data stick or thumb drive or whatever they are called?
Yes, but it's not quite simple to create. The way I do it in Linux Mint is using the Disk Imager or Image Writer in conjunction with the saved .iso file to create the bootable USB drive. I've looked around a bit but haven't yet found an easier way.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I've come to the point where I've had enough of jumping through hoops trying to get this bloody camera recognized by Win 10, I've been trying all sorts of different things since the beginning of March and it's taking up too much of my time so thanks for all the ideas and suggestions fellas and fellarinees. I've got my card reader on order and I'll just use that to download my photos from the camera.

Ask a Question