Windows login does not recognize my password

Reaction score
I recently loaded the free windows 10 upgrade. Our family was not happy with it at all because it would freeze all the time. Any time we tried to print anything out of any program it would freeze. We tried some of the repairs and they would work temporarily or not at all. I don't care to spend a bunch of time debugging it. So I decided to go back to Windows 7. I let it do everything last night to revert back and just tried to log in and it doesn't recognize the password :(. i know I'm entering it correctly. I don't have a password reset disk or USB drive and I NEED MY COMPUTER BACK!!! I'm not sure what to do here... I'm kind of ticked about the whole windows 10 thing. It's been a disaster for us, and now this...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you might have been using a microsoft account on Windows 10 and since Windows 7 does not support that, maybe you account name is not correct.
Have you checked to make sure that what you are entering into the user name box of the authentication / sign-in screen is correct?
Are there any other accounts on the computer?
You might try something like this
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
To either clear the local account password or enable the hidden administrator account so you can at least log on with that and sort out the password / account problems from there.

Ask a Question