After installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the login screen request password twice

Reaction score
Hi,

Some days ago, my PC installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and everything went perfectly!, my system runs super fast and I love it, but, for some reason when I restart or just turn on my computer. The login request my password twice.

I'm worried about having to reinstall all, I have a lot of stuff for my work, games, and settings.

I did a research and nothing is working, is still requesting twice the password.

I tried changing the configuration sleeping recovering and a lot of stuff.

Does anyone has the same problem? or knows where to look?.

Thanks in advance.

Roberto.

Reaction score
Hi,

Some days ago, my PC installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and everything went perfectly!, my system runs super fast and I love it, but, for some reason when I restart or just turn on my computer. The login request my password twice.

I'm worried about having to reinstall all, I have a lot of stuff for my work, games, and settings.

I did a research and nothing is working, is still requesting twice the password.

Thanks in advance.

Roberto.
I don't have any information to help you, but wanted you to know my PC is doing the same as yours. Since the latest Windows 10 update I have to enter my password or pin number twice each time it starts or restarts.

Reaction score
I'm having all sorts of problems with the new Windows 10 upgrade. Have no problem with the password as you two are having, but, when I'm on the internet the PC will stop working, or a "lock" all all settings. Nothing can be done to get it to change, only if I hit CTRL+ALT and Delete to get back to sign out and sign back in once again. Then it repeats itself. This all started with the latest upgrade.
I might add I have another HP with Windows 10 Pro and it does the same thing, so, it's the upgrade that is causing the PITA.

Reaction score
I'm having all sorts of problems with the new Windows 10 upgrade. Have no problem with the password as you two are having, but, when I'm on the internet the PC will stop working, or a "lock" all all settings. Nothing can be done to get it to change, only if I hit CTRL+ALT and Delete to get back to sign out and sign back in once again. Then it repeats itself. This all started with the latest upgrade.
I might add I have another HP with Windows 10 Pro and it does the same thing, so, it's the upgrade that is causing the PITA.

Are you using WiFi? If so, check the adapter properties - Power management and make sure that "Allow Computer to turn off this adapter to save power" is NOT checked.
This used to be a problem I thought it had gone away...worth a 10 second check.

Reaction score
I'm using WiFi and I have the Power Management set "Allow Computer to turn off adapter to saves power"

I also have a older HP p6650f desk top with Windows 7 Home, and I keep it up to date on the upgrades and there is not one bit of trouble I've had on this OS.
I'm thinking seriously going back to Windows 7 on one of the two PC's I use daily. Windows 7 was such a joy to have on a computer.

Reaction score
OK then uncheck that, reboot and see if the machine still keeps losing connectivity. It may solve your problem.

Reaction score
OK then uncheck that, reboot and see if the machine still keeps losing connectivity. It may solve your problem.

Well!, I think I may have solved some or part of the problem. When the Windows 10 Upgrade went in effect it made my "Mouse" settings as follows:
Mouse Settings: Had select primary button- set "to Right" in the window box.
Roll the Mouse wheel to scroll- set "to Multiple lines at a time"
Scroll inactive Windows when I hover over them- set "to Off"

The computer seems to be working normal now.

Reaction score
Hi neoroberto,

You could try this : Settings menu > Accounts > Login options > Confidentiality

If this setting : Use my login information to automatically finish configuring my device after an update or reboot.
If it's activated (enabled) then disable it, and reboot.
This parameter is enabled by default in Fall Creators Update, so this bug usually corrects itself by disabling this parameter.
But the reverse also happens: when this parameter is disabled, this bug corrects itself by activating it.

Keep us informed of your result :)

Regards ;) JAY B.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Roberto.
I upgraded 3 separate PCs on Monday and had same problem with all three. Can't figure where it is coming from. Also tells me an App is still running when I go to log off or shut down. Nothing is running.

Reaction score
Let's make that 4 PCs, as my wife's PC just completed the 1709 upgrade. It also has the double login request..

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Roberto.
I found this online just a few minutes ago. followed steps and seems to work fine. Used on 2 PCs so far and double login went away.. https://blog.techinline.com/2017/10...gin-issue-on-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

Reaction score
Hi,

Did you try what I had written as a possible solution ?

Have a Nice day ;)

Your link is telling you to do exactly what I suggested to do

Last edited:

Ask a Question