Win10 Pro doesn't recognize GeForce GTX560 video card

Reaction score
Windows 10 Pro v1511
64 bit
Intel core [email protected]
Ram 16 GB
I have been reworking this tower after the then 1tb hardrive windows installation corrupted and would not boot. It said bad hardware. Ultimately I replaced it with an Asus P8Z68-V EUFI motherboard. Still no joy booting with original HD. I then took a different, new 1tb HD and installed the free Win10 home. Installation went perfectly as intended and ran perfectly. Win10 saw the video card correctly and used the correct MS driver. Two monitors functioning. I did not install the Nvidia driver on this drive as I do not game and didnt feel the need.

I then did a fresh install of the free version of Win10 PRO on a new WD Black 4TB. It installed correctly, boots ok, etc. Current install does not see GeForce GTX 560. Has defaulted to generic MS driver for generic video card. Only sees one monitor. Looks crappy.

I have went to Nvidia, downloaded correct driver, installed it and still no joy. No change. The video card is not seen. Directing an internal search for the driver and directing it to the Nvidia directory does not recognize the GTX560 and will not direct it to use Nvidia drivers.

I am currently downloading Win10 updates to see if any of them correct this issue. I guess if I had too I could remove PRO and install Home but I like the extra features. I am stumped. Clues anyone?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are apparently 3 versions of that particular card (560, 560SE and 560Ti)
Maybe give one of these a go

NOTE: The latest group of drivers seem to be August 1st 2016 and make sure you get the correct version for your system architecture.
Generally the larger size will indicate 64 bit systems and the smaller for 32 bit systems (x86), but check the details to confirm.

Reaction score
There are apparently 3 versions of that particular card (560, 560SE and 560Ti)
Maybe give one of these a go

NOTE: The latest group of drivers seem to be August 1st 2016 and make sure you get the correct version for your system architecture.
Generally the larger size will indicate 64 bit systems and the smaller for 32 bit systems (x86), but check the details to confirm.
SOLVED: I did go to Nvidia and downloaded their latest file. Ultimately what I did after the new files and cab did not want to play. Was that I wandered into device manager to see if card was recognized. FORSOOTH.. the GeForce GTX560 was recognized! That alone gave me hope. Per additional internet research, I decided to deactivate the card. Nothing. I then decided to uninstall the card in device manager. FORSOOTH again. Win10 PRO recognized the card correctly, both monitors flashed then went to my extended desktop at the correct resolution! Yeah Me! I appreciate the quick responses. I share my experience here to hopefully help another. Pay it forward. Thank you.

Ask a Question