Updating Win10 Pro 1511 to anything

Reaction score
lol.. That is my normal method.. both USB and DVD. However the USB flavor when booted report media drivers are missing.. but does not ID which drivers.. however if I load my Marvel LAN drivers the system links the the switch. The DVD version faults in the end updating something..

Reaction score
What is the make and model of your PC/Laptop, if we know that, it might be a case of unsupported hardware?. ;)

Reaction score
Gateway M7315U. No issues going from Win7pro 64 to the initial set of Win10pro 64 and then 1511. The only bit that is not original is the intel 7260ac mini-pci wnic..
right now windows update reports an 0x800705b4 error.. Previously it reported that it was up-to-date.. as of 2/2016 but does not recognize anything after that.. yes the system date is correct.
running windows update now and there be no activity on the lan.. now it might just be waiting for an answer that never comes...

Reaction score
I would go back to the MS link that you provided, down load and create Windows 10.1709 ISO to a thumb (8GB) drive and perform a clean install. Make sure you select the right architecture (Language, 32 or 64 Bit) for your machine.
Back everything up before performing a clean install.

Reaction score
its DONE.
Not withstanding the USB and DVD versions, I ended up deleting my XP-mode and my Python stuff, and instructed Setup to keep personal files but skip applications.
When it was all done (wow!) 1709 did not have drivers for my network devices.. Intel ac7260 and Marvel Yukon.
Intel dropped support for the 7260 a few releases back. Marvel back in 2012
Lets face it, the m7315 be 9 year old.
Thank you for all your thoughts.

Reaction score
.. Intel ac7260 ...Intel dropped support for the 7260 a few releases back...
I have the same, Win10 supplied the driver & it works fine. Dropping support for it means no updated drivers but the old ones are still there; doesn't matter if the old ones work.

Ask a Question