Problem Updating Win10

Reaction score
I have a valid product ID, but I cannot get a current Win 10 update, without an error. Is there a way to reload Wins 10 and start over?

Reaction score
Win10 is activated with a digital license. Does the error you get indicate it is not activated?

Reaction score
took your advise, and read your messages, disable virus protection. Thought that fixed the problem, Win 10 actually completed downloading and was installing when it failed again. No error code, just the message "windows 10 installation has failed"

Reaction score
HI Dan,

if you still have a Win10 DVD or USB stick and you don't have anything on the drive that you need (back it up before doing the following), insert the DVD/USB stick and do a complete new install!.

Or download the latest ISO version and create a new copy and use that, that way you will have an up-to-date version!.

During the install, it will have an option to skip entering the Windows key, click on "I don't have a key" and continue without entering any key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Change the language as the link above is for UK English!. Go to the language button at the bottom left of the page. :)

Reaction score
HI Dan,

if you still have a Win10 DVD or USB stick and you don't have anything on the drive that you need (back it up before doing the following), insert the DVD/USB stick and do a complete new install!.

Or download the latest ISO version and create a new copy and use that, that way you will have an up-to-date version!.

During the install, it will have an option to skip entering the Windows key, click on "I don't have a key" and continue without entering any key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Change the language as the link above is for UK English!. Go to the language button at the bottom left of the page. :)

Reaction score
still having a problem, "win 10 installation failed" had enough for one day, will try and work on this issue tomorrow.

Reaction score
win 10 installation failed
Hi dan,

what installation method are you using, DVD or USB?, if DVD, did you burn the disk at the slowest possible speed?, does your PC/laptop have a recovery partition tool?. :)

Reaction score
burned a DVD, is this susposed to a bootable DVD, because the one I created is not bootable. Didn't have any options about speed.

Reaction score
HI Dan,

yes!, it should be bootable but that depends on your system settings in BIOS/UEFI, when you start you should have an option to show the boot menu, on my HP rig it is "Esc", on my laptop, it is "F12", each model is different so look in your handbook.

What DVD burner app did you use?, they should all have options to regulate the burn speed!. :)

Ask a Question