SOLVED PDF print problem after updating to Windows 10

Reaction score
After updating to windows 10 from windows 8.1 , I now have problems printing PDF drawings - When trying to print, a pop up window now shows "flattening", and stops at 97% but does not print.

I have uninstalled my HP printer driver, and reinstalled, ensuring I have the latest updates. I have uninstalled Adobe Reader X1, and installed Adobe Reader DC.

PDF text documents print OK.

This problem did not exist with Windows 8.0 or 8.1

Is there a fix ?

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
After updating to windows 10 from windows 8.1 , I now have problems printing PDF drawings - When trying to print, a pop up window now shows "flattening", and stops at 97% but does not print.

I have uninstalled my HP printer driver, and reinstalled, ensuring I have the latest updates. I have uninstalled Adobe Reader X1, and installed Adobe Reader DC.

Is there a fix ?
Read this it may help

Adobe releases 69 security updates for Flash Player, Acrobat and Reader
http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2430...y-updates-for-flash-player-acrobat-and-reader

Reaction score

Is there a fix ?

It will be more beneficial to you if you ask the folks in Adobe support forums such as this one.........................People there should have in-depth experience on the subject matter.
https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

I can't say for sure if that is the right forum for you. If it is not, please google for the right forum yourself.

Reaction score
Are you selecting the "Print As Image", option in the Adobe print menu?
I think it is normally the default, but may have slipped during your upgrade.

Ask a Question