Microsoft print to PDF stopped working after long time with no issues

Reaction score
For years I have used the Microsoft print to PDF feature in addition to also using Adobe's PDF version. I updated all my computers to Windows 10 over the last three years and have twelve in a business and 4 personal ones all having no issues. Except one Dell laptop (newer) that came with Windows 10 Home (only computer with home version) preloaded and worked fine with this feature for over a year. I recently had the Creator update installed and it caused all kinds of problems and I used Recovery to roll the computer back and that is when the Microsoft PDF print stopped working. Nothing I do seems to be able to get it reinstalled. I have followed all the instructions I have found in other questions/answers in the forum and tried the SFC scan as well (no error/corrupted files detected). I used to have the icon for the Microsoft pdf printer in my "Print Devices" but after trying to 'remove and install' the printer it will not reload the driver per the directions I found online (see attached images for errors). I cannot add the Microsoft to PDF printer Choice in the "Windows Features
microsoft print to PDF error pictures 8-2-17 win10Pro.jpg
Please advise what steps I need to take to resolve this. By the way I did reinstall the Creator Update in the hopes it would fix the problem as several support replies indicated it might, and this did not work for me. HELP!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

Ask a Question