SOLVED Printing PDF document

Reaction score
I was emailed a PDF document from an insurance company which was to be opened, printed, filled out in inkpen, and then mailed back to the insurance company.

So, I got the email in good order and opened up the document with Adobe Acrobat (version 19.010) in good order. However, I am unable to print that document. The print option is greyed out and I couldn't figure how to manipulate Acrobat to allow me to print.

The second time around, I opened the same PDF file with "Firefox" instead of Acrobat and was able to print a couple of pages of that document - while a couple of other pages printed with the lines garbled.

The third time around, I opened the same email in my Android smartphone and downloaded and opened the PDF file with the"ThinkFree Viewer" app. The document opened in good order and I sent it off to my printer via WIFI. All the pages printed, but the result wasn't a crisp, clean print result, like the Firefox result. But, it will work in a pinch. The end job resembled a fax.

Any simple way to explain my dilemma?

Reaction score
There are Security or Permission settings in a PDF document that can get in the way, prevent changing or printing plus a number of other things unless having the password to it. File, Properties, Security tab. Could be your other method got around the issue.
upload_2019-1-18_8-15-24.png

Reaction score
I was emailed a PDF document from an insurance company which was to be opened, printed, filled out in inkpen, and then mailed back to the insurance company.

So, I got the email in good order and opened up the document with Adobe Acrobat (version 19.010) in good order. However, I am unable to print that document. The print option is greyed out and I couldn't figure how to manipulate Acrobat to allow me to print.

The second time around, I opened the same PDF file with "Firefox" instead of Acrobat and was able to print a couple of pages of that document - while a couple of other pages printed with the lines garbled.

The third time around, I opened the same email in my Android smartphone and downloaded and opened the PDF file with the"ThinkFree Viewer" app. The document opened in good order and I sent it off to my printer via WIFI. All the pages printed, but the result wasn't a crisp, clean print result, like the Firefox result. But, it will work in a pinch. The end job resembled a fax.

Any simple way to explain my dilemma?

Like bighorn said, may be it's protected, but the question is : if you're supposed to print it, whey did it protect it ?
Any way, there are some tools to surpass PDF security.

Reaction score
Like bighorn said, may be it's protected, but the question is : if you're supposed to print it, whey did it protect it ?
Any way, there are some tools to surpass PDF security.
Thanks for the feedback. As stated above, I am able to view the PDF document on my LG smartphone app (not Adobe) and then send it to my printer via WIFI. This issue is unique to this insurance companies documents.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. As stated above, I am able to view the PDF document on my LG smartphone app (not Adobe) and then send it to my printer via WIFI. This issue is unique to this insurance companies documents Pnr Status TextNow VPN .

Because it makes no sens to ask some one to print a document then protect it.
I have checked with a friend, he advised me to use PDF Editor (available on clubic.com) then save the document as an image (so the protection is gone) then print the image (with no protection).

Reaction score
Because it makes no sens to ask some one to print a document then protect it.
I have checked with a friend, he advised me to use PDF Editor (available on clubic.com) then save the document as an image (so the protection is gone) then print the image (with no protection).
Nour - Now this is excellent. I got a little confused using the link you provided to "clubic" but I did the same general thing using another PDF reader already installed on my PC called "CutePDF". I used your suggestion by accessing Cute's PDF Editor and then opened my troublesome document sent by the insurance company. Once opened by "CutePDF" this document was ready to print. This works!

Ask a Question