Windows 10 does not recognize my password

Reaction score
out of the blue, windows 10 does not recognize my password and let me login into my computer. I follow their advice and was able to change my Microsoft account password but it still does not let me login even using the new password.
I called their tech support and they want to sell me for $99 a technical support subscription to help me login into my own computer. I called this highway robbery!!! I can't believe Microsoft has high jack my information and is holding it for ransom. How low has Microsoft lower itself!!!!
Can someone help?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You might be able to rescue your computer by enabling the normally hidden / disabled Administrator account and use that to possibly fix the password problem on your local user account.
You'll need to boot from the installation media. If you do not have the installation media on hand you can download the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.
THEN...
Follow the steps outlined here
http://pureinfotech.com/2015/11/20/how-reset-windows-10-forgotten-password-regain-access-computer/

It's a pain, but it works, I know, I've done it.
Once you've enabled the hidden administrator account you should be able to at least backup any critical data and hopefully resolve the other account password issues.
IF nothing else by creating a new user account and then copying the contents of your profile folders from the old account to the new.

Reaction score
out of the blue, windows 10 does not recognize my password and let me login into my computer. I follow their advice and was able to change my Microsoft account password but it still does not let me login even using the new password.
I called their tech support and they want to sell me for $99 a technical support subscription to help me login into my own computer. I called this highway robbery!!! I can't believe Microsoft has high jack my information and is holding it for ransom. How low has Microsoft lower itself!!!!
Can someone help?

Ask a Question