Win 10 doesn't recognize USB2

Reaction score
The title says it all. I've tried to update applicable drivers but I get a message saying that all drivers are up to date. The device is a Seagate HD in a Rocketfish enclosure. I installed and reinstalled the software that came with the enclosure, but no joy.

My Win7 computer has no problems with USB 2 OR USB 3. I didn't even have to install the Rocketfish software to access the device. Is windows trying to phase out all "legacy" devices and programs? I had a h3ll of a time getting Win 10 to convert my Open Office and Windows 2000 to the latest Word iteration.

Reaction score
My Win7 computer has no problems with USB 2 OR USB 3. I didn't even have to install the Rocketfish software to access the device. Is windows trying to phase out all "legacy" devices and programs? I had a h3ll of a time getting Win 10 to convert my Open Office and Windows 2000 to the latest Word iteration.
I have no issues with USB 3 on Win10, latest Build and proper drivers for USB 3 ports. USB 2 is pretty much native in Win10 and supported by the motherboards. What does your Device Manager show for USB? Expand the entry and try for a screenshot to post of it.
Mine:

Attachments

• USB Capture.PNG
    USB Capture.PNG
    139 KB · Views: 441

Ask a Question