SOLVED Built in WebCam Crashes Windows 10 Computer

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for some major help here and hope someone can help with this problem in an uncomplicated way. I have a Lenovo G550 Laptop that is many years old which has a built in WebCam that worked fine in windows 7. I did not check to see if it worked in the installation of Windows 10 or the update for Windows 10. So to my surprise when testing my camera with Skype, it gave me the blue screen of death. I tried opening it with the Camera application on the computer and again, it crashed.

Here is what I have found out so far:
1. My Lenovo laptop is not on the list supported that Lenovo has on their website for this problem
2. When looking on the D drive of my computer under drivers and camera and driverpackages, I find files that say: Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. This tells me that there isn't one for Windows 10 so I need to find a correct update for my computer.

So here is my question:

What is the simplest solution for solving this problem? Am I wrong in assuming I need a Windows 10 Driver Package for the camera and if so, what can I do to fix this?

Please, a simple solution would be preferable.

Hotwire Cannon

*Update: Uninstall the Easy Camera application that came with the computer, update the driver from Lenovo, and then your camera is good to use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please, where to update the driver? :(

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...ptops/Lenovo-G550-Notebook/downloads/DS012640

I believe this is the update for the driver specifically for the G550. I think though if the EasyCamera application is uninstalled, it will work again. so for that:

1. open the control panel
2. click on Uninstall a Program under Programs
3. Find Easy Camera for Lenovo and select it
4. click uninstall at the top

I hope this helps.

Hotwire Cannon

Ask a Question