Can someone help answer this question for me? Thanks.

Reaction score
I previously posted this question on Microsoft Community, but it seems dead and empty. So I was wondering if anyone here can answer this question for me? Thanks. - Claudia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: Why does Windows 10 automatically reset some of my privacy settings even though I previously turned it off?

On my computer, under Settings ->Privacy -> Other devices, I turned Sync with devices off. In addition in ->Background Apps, I turned all of the apps off too. However, when I restarted my computer, the Sync is turned on, and some of my apps are also turned on. This has happened twice so far, and I caught it. Why is this?

I'm afraid that even if I control all my privacy options to the maximum, Windows 10 will secretly turn it on without me noticing it, and I would have to continually check my privacy settings every single day. I don't think it's worth to upgrade it to Windows 10 if this is the case.

Source:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-a2c6-4f52-9935-b7d981f9da20?tm=1438989239206

Reaction score
Update:
Instead of restarting my computer this time, I shut down, and then started my computer. This time, the privacy settings didn't turn back on. Maybe that is the problem, just hopefully it will continue to remain this way. I will be checking every day to make sure.

Reaction score
Because MS knows best! They know everyone is incompetent and can't make decisions on their own.

This may seem like sarcasm, but it is not. It is actually the way I see MS looking down on all their consumers.

Ask a Question