Please someone help me! i'm going crazy!!!

Reaction score
I just don't know what to do, i am not a computer whizz kid and just plod along trying my best. Windows just won't update and gets stuck every time on 33% i have read some forums but I just don't know what they mean DISM tool check?
click command prompt type + etc etc.
Windows keeps prompting me to install updates and advises me i'm running an out of date version of windows, i select a time for the updates and it just sticks every time?? I've even left the computer on over night in the hope it will run its course, but no luck?!

I can't even get off the updates page at 33% and I have to turn computer on and off to get rid, it then restores my prev version of windows!

has anyone got an idiots guide to help me with this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My best advice would be to go here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Use the media creation tool there, to download the ISO and save that ISO to your computer or other attached storage device.
Don't bother creating installation media (just click "Finish" after the download and verification process has completed), as you can just double click the ISO which will mount it as a virtual drive, from which you can simply run Setup.exe to perform the in-place upgrade.
THEN
Unplug from the internet, remove any attached peripherals including any wireless dongles that might support a wireless keyboard, mouse, wifi, or any other Bluetooth or wireless devices.
Leaving only a wired USB mouse, keyboard and of course the monitor, so as not to run into any potential problems with peripheral drivers that may be causing some problems.

"Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC"
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Ask a Question