Please, Please, Please Swiftkey not for touch

Reaction score
I am handicapped and use a mouse and the onscreen keyboard which currently is a horrible app. I use swiftkey on my android tablet and it is so intuitive it has truly set my writing free. I've been waiting for so long to replace the onscreen keyboard with swiftkey and I am afraid that the windows 10 update will only restrict swiftkey to be used with a touch tablet and not as an onscreen keyboard that can be used with a mouse.

Can anyone confirm that the windows 10 update allows swiftkey to replace the current onscreen keyboard and not only be restricted to tablet use?

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can tell you that Microsoft has added an intuitive / predictive (SwiftKey like) feature to their native On Screen Keyboard (OSK.exe).
It is currently available in what was suppose to be the October release, but has been delayed for various reasons (problems) which I expect to be resolved any day now.
I have the latest version installed on my main machine so I've included an image of it below. It seems to work pretty well although other than texting with my phone I really don't have a lot of experience with such products.

SwitftKey.png

Here's some info from the Windows Blog regarding the upcoming October release (whenever it actually gets here).

Stay productive
SwiftKey intelligence comes to Windows

SwiftKey gives you more accurate autocorrections and predictions by learning your writing style – including the words, phrases and emoji that matter to you. It’s available for Android and iOS, and starting with the October 2018 Update, SwiftKey will now power the typing experience on Windows when using the touch keyboard to write in English (United States), English (United Kingdom), French (France), German (Germany), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), or Russian.

Windows now shows you insights about how its AI has been helping you type with efficiency. If you use the software keyboard on Windows, there are many features built into the typing experience that leverage AI and machine learning to help you be more efficient. Some examples include autocorrecting your spelling mistakes, prediction of the next word you would type, word suggestions as you start typing so you don’t have to type the full word, and displaying the number of words you’ve typed by swiping over the letters on the software keyboard (yes, you can do that, try it out if you haven’t yet).

SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ws-and-office-in-october/#D6BJ7BQzjdTq9yQ3.97

Last edited:

Ask a Question