Cannot Find System Image

Reaction score
I am one of those that lack computer prowess and this site has been a recovery system for me. I don't post a lot but I read everything that sounds like it might be describing my computer experiences.

I am very thankful for this site and for the folks who are willing to spend their time helping others. Those who don't appreciate that should simply pass their time elsewhere. As for those who "really dislike Microsoft" I would like to suggest that they go elsewhere as well. Why hang here if there is nothing for you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and I ended up here after skimming through several other sites that just listed the same old possible causes before recommending some alternative backup software (with a link to a free download!)

I eventually realized that I had a slightly different issue, requiring a different solution, which I thought I should post here, just in case someone else needs to see it.

I was trying to restore a WindowsImageBackup on a fresh installation of Windows, and I just couldn't get the backup app in Windows to see my WindowsImageBackup. (I'm sure you experts already know why... but I never figured it out.)

Anyway, I eventually created a recovery USB stick, booted from that and restored my backup just fine. Hope this is useful to someone. Have a good day, you guys!

Ask a Question