Cannot find folder C:\users\all users

Reaction score
Using win10 - 64bit
Logged into cmd prompt as admin.
Cannot see folder C:\users\all users with the following cmd's

Folder does not show in normal File Explorer window
Run TREE cmd and the All Users folder does not show.
Run DIR cmd for C:\users and All Users does not show
Run ATTRIB -s -h C:\users and still do not see All User folder appearing. Restart after running ATTRIB cmd, but does not trigger reload of folder.

BUT, when I
Run DIR cmd for "C:\users\all users" the folder and files show
Run ROBOCOPY and the All Users folder and its files transfer.

Somehow this folder has become hidden and I am unable to unhide or see it. I know it exists, as this image shows

All Users.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the Start Button (Windows Logo)
Just type
Folder Options
hit enter or click OK
In the Dialog Box scroll down and uncheck the box that says "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
Click OK
Check C:\Users and see if you can now see what you are looking for.
Don't forget to go back and check it again when you're done.

Reaction score
I think that "folder" [All Users} is a remnant from previous systems that has been incorporated in Windows 10 as well. On my system this particular folder is actually a link to C:\Programdata but from there it disappears. Since it is a system setting and therefor well hidden, I would not worry too much about it.
This is how it looks on my pc:
2016-11-18_183457.jpg

Reaction score
It is a "junction" folder. It has little use in the Windows 10 environment, any longer, but, as grizzly says, it is best left alone. Its original purpose (and may still have it) is for backward compatibility with Windows 7, which was, I think, the last OS to actually use it.

But, if he follows Trouble's suggestion, and still cannot see it, then I have no further explanation, unless it has been accidentally deleted at some time previously

Last edited:

Ask a Question