Windows cannot find documents folder!!!!?? HELP PLEASE!!

Reaction score
So i have downloaded and installed Windows 10 and all is well!
However I can no longer open any files in MY Documents even Adobe files just says... (see below!) Can anyone help.
I tried even to revert back to myu windows 7 but says i have a user which i have deleted!!??
Can anyone help please
Thank you in advance

upload_2015-7-31_12-41-42.png

Reaction score
Here's a dumb, but necessary question. When you installed W10 did you tell it to keep your folders, etc? Even then I agree finding stuff is a bit of a b....tch. I sort of miss the old search / index box that didn't try to surf the net at the same time.

Reaction score
Yep as far as i know all fine its found the picture folders it even shows my documents and the names as soon as try to open them say they cant be found???

Reaction score
Matt...I'm still experimenting with this OS. I was able to find all my libraries and extra drives and such, but some paths seemed to have been changed and revised. You may have to re-path some of your stuff. I don't think W10 just decided you didn't need them anymore.

Reaction score
Suggestions :
1. Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.....
sfc /scannow
> press Enter.
It will take quite sometime. When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports : (paraphrasing )
1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupt files and repair successfully.
3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.
If report is #1. Your issue lies elsewhere.
IF report is #2, go see if everything is now working ok.
If report is #3, please do the following........
Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.....
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
> press Enter.
Again, it will take some time. When finished it will give you a report.
If it says operation successful, go see if everything is now working ok.

Reaction score
I am trying to search my laptop to find all relevant email and documents as windows 7 did but it does not seem to work . any suggestions ?

Reaction score
Matt...sorry, they sort of expect me to work here and not read the forum all day. Some nerve. Anyway, I'm actually out "shopping" for a better 3rd party file finder and manager. I'm sort of tired of Windows Explorer and having to hunt for stuff all the time.

Reaction score
im so lost with this as I have now just installed Adobe Reader and all installed fine and no have a desktop icon but it will not open!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Has anyone checked their Windows.OLD folder in the Root of C;\
Just in case the missing files might be there, since it seems to be indicating that it can't find it.

Ask a Question