I have installed windows 10 and now cannot find my scanner in programs.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Have you look in settings devices,
or all apps
Windows accessories
then scroll down to windows fax and scanners.
If not then you have to find your scanner online and download the software, or if you had a disc with it then run that and follow the instructions

Reaction score
Make sure your scanner is turned on.

Left click at Start button > left side, select Settings > select Devices >right side, click Add a printer or scanner > the system will start looking for it and if found, it will start adding your sanner to your Printers & Scanners list below.

Reaction score
If my reply above does not work for you, perhaps you need to plug in your scanner's installation DVD and start installing.

Reaction score
my printer is listed under Devices but does not appear anywhere on the dropdown of programs. In my windows 7 version, I could pull up the list and click on scanner and be off and running. I am able to print documents from Word but have no idea of how to get anything to scan cause I can't find scanner. Also my Excel is missing. Thankfully I had Word directly on my desktop so can still use it.

Reaction score
my printer is listed under Devices but does not appear anywhere on the dropdown of programs. In my windows 7 version, I could pull up the list and click on scanner and be off and running. I am able to print documents from Word but have no idea of how to get anything to scan cause I can't find scanner. Also my Excel is missing. Thankfully I had Word directly on my desktop so can still use it.
You should take the advise from Davidhk129 above who is one of this forums most knowledgeable members.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check Device Manager -> Imaging Devices
Is your printer listed there?
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
The more I use Windows 10 the more I don't like it. Programs have disappeared, internet is slower and the entire mess is one big headache. How do I remove Windows 10 from my computer?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are any number of ways to
remove Windows 10 from my computer?
But if you want to roll back to your previous OS you need to.....
Click the Start Button and choose Settings
Select Update and Security
Select Recovery from the left column
The option to Go Back To...... should be there provided you haven't exceeded the 30 days or deleted your Windows.OLD folder

Ask a Question