Cannot see Roaming folder to find OUTLOOK template

Reaction score
Am using Office 2013 on Windows 10 - created a template to simulate "out of office" responses. Saved the Outlook file as a template, but now I cannot find the template file to edit it. In "This PC" on C:\ I see users and my name, but cannot see APP (or appdata) folder to get to ROAMING, and so on. I remember during setup of windows 10 there was a question about seeing system files that I probably answered as "No" - how do I change my ability to see this folder.

Thanks much in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open file explorer
Select the "View" tab
Click the Options icon in the Ribbon and choose "Change folder and search options"
In the Folder Options dialog box select the View tab and you should see a couple boxes or radio buttons to uncheck or check as your needs dictate.
"Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
AND
"Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"

You should probably switch them back when you're done.

While you are there you might also want to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and leave that unchecked.
My personal preference is to be able to see the file types, I'm working with and the extensions being shown help with that.

Ask a Question