Cannot log in after Win10 update, and cannot roll it back either - Help!

Reaction score
I recently got a Windows 10 update (I didn't notice which one), and it seemed to go like normal - until it rebooted and now it won't let me log in. It gets past the moving circular dots and goes to my logon screen, with my correct logon name and icon, but when I click "Sign in" it briefly shows a message saying "logging off" and then goes back to the login prompt. I logged on with my installation memory stick, and tried to do a repair, but it couldn't find anything to repair. I tried to uninstall the last update, but it can't find any update to remove. Is there anything I can do from the command prompt? Note: I do not use a password, so the logon screen is supposed to just log me right in.

Reaction score
I found another thread titled "Cannot login" and it showed me how to use the Shift key while restarting to get into the repair screen - and that allowed me to remove the last update and fixed my issue. I don't know why the memory stick method didn't work, but oh well. Also, now I have to figure out how to avoid reinstalling this update in the future...

Reaction score
I am short of time at the moment. But keep this thread open. You will get some advice on how to fix this known problem. Bu, briefly, check in to you account login details and see if you are using a !pin" login procedure.

Reaction score
I am short of time at the moment. But keep this thread open. You will get some advice on how to fix this known problem. Bu, briefly, check in to you account login details and see if you are using a !pin" login procedure.
Thank you - I unmarked it as solved and will wait for more replies. I'm not using the pin login - I just used a blank password.

Reaction score
I found another thread titled "Cannot login" and it showed me how to use the Shift key while restarting to get into the repair screen - and that allowed me to remove the last update and fixed my issue. I don't know why the memory stick method didn't work, but oh well. Also, now I have to figure out how to avoid reinstalling this update in the future...
Tony found this fix on youtube
worth a look for future use. If you have a copy of windows.iso you can create a bootable usb stick with a small tool called "Rufus" easy to use. john

Ask a Question