Cannot type Russian letters in Windows applications using onscreen keyboard with Russian lang

Reaction score
Cannot type Russian letters in the Windows apps using onscreen keyboard with Russian lang characters. I am using a windows 10 built-in onscreen keyboard with English and/or Russian characters. It prints English characters in Google search box, notepad, etc. The same problem with ClickToSpeak onscreen keyboard app as well. I have Russian language pack installed.
Computer: ACER Spin SP513-52N
OS Build: 19041.572
Feature Pack: 120.2212.31.0

Please help, thank you

Reaction score
Hi Mdum,

do you see a language indicator beside the clock in the bottom panel?. if you do, press "Windows key + space" to change the language.

Or, go to Settings > Time & Language > Add a language > Click on your preferred installed language > Options > Add a keyboard > then remove any keyboard you don't need from there at the same time!. :)

1605164912493.png

1605164946167.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have everything installed - language (English USA, Russian), windows onscreen keyboard with switched language key, Eng/Rus switch on the taskbar, etc. I am able to switch keyboards to Russian and seeing Russian keys. At the same time each click on the Russian onscreen keyboard resulted in the English letter instead of Russian.

Reaction score
Hi mdum,

"I found out, what's up. After changing the language, I must first click the upper edge of OSK before clicking on keys. Then the keyboard changes."

Is a quote from the following link by Kalmu Timo.

Other than that, I simply don't know?. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question